Do you already know this amazing blog by Melanie Garanin? She felt inspired by our ABCDienstag and started her HorseABC this Tuesday! Please have a look at her great sketches!
Archive for Juli, 2013
Today we want to present you our weekly column „ABCDienstag“.
Every Tuesday the Atelier Lala will show you a sketch or illustration referring to the alphabet. We are looking forward to visualise the whole alphabet, especially the tricky letters like Q or X!
- This is my bookshelf, sorted by colours and decorated with my current favorite books and illustrations of me and colleagues.
- My beloved knitted Cyclops.
- Here I sit day after day. On screen the cover of my just finished children's book about pirates, published next spring.
- Crazy rabbit from Japan! Watches over me all the time.
- Little things, strange for others, loved by me
- Other strange things. I just adore this mummy, designed by Tim Burton, one of my favorite artists and film makers.
- Remains from our last exhibition in April 2013: "Rützis Reisen", a book projekt of mine which waits to get finished some day. I thought these old gold frames from the flea market fit perfectly for this illustration style.
Welcome to my studio! I work in a tiny cosy room, surrounded by books and some little things I love. My best working pals are my Mac Book Pro and my Wacom Cintiq 21″ which help me to create everything which jumps around in my head. – Veryvera
- - 01 -
- - 02 -
– STARTING – isabelle
- Next to my desk.
- Color! I seem to be a collector of pens ans masking tape.
- My desk with the wacom cintiq on it (can highly recommend this tool).
- Some papercut I did two years ago.
- Inspiration and organisation.
- Project and deadlines.
And this is my work space. I love white with some colored spots. And my mood board with illustrations from Atelier LaLa and other illustrator mates. And I definitely am happy about that time management calendar. I have to get deadlines out of my head and have them right in front of me. Johanna
Once I started to write down my „korea-tour“ experience. Now this is the right place to continue my work! – isabelle
- my office chair, not pretty but comfortable
- strange things, appeared suddenly
- things I don't need, but like to have
- my favorite tea cup
Hm, a little bit disappointing … my work place don’t look like a crazy, creative art-studio. Perhaps I have to decorate… – isabelle
Here are some little underwater creatures from my sketch book. – frauknopp
I visited my friend Céline at her newly opened letterpress studio today. It’s called poule folle. You can find it in Stuttgart, Heusteigviertel. So beautiful. – Johanna
This paper collage is a personal work. Enjoy summer time. – frauknopp
- Old and new stuff
- my favorite colours
- original work
- my favorite books
Today I would like to give you some impressions of my studio. As I mostly do paper collage I need a lot of paper, colours, pencils and stuff which I have organized in drawers. My big white table is surrounded by pictures, books and inspiring stuff, have a look. – frauknopp
Enjoy the sunshine :)
This is a personal piece that I did as an assignment for Lilla Rogers e-course „Make art that sells“.
Cheers – Johanna